Markets Served by CMS Laser
Using Lasers for Stripping Wire & Cable
High speed wire stripping has been possible for years, using mechanical means with blades and cutters, or chemical or heat-based solutions. These methods require frequent maintenance to sharpen blades, adjust settings, clean resulting waste, and can also cause damage to the conductor.
Laser wire stripping works without contact and leaves the conductive material and shield intact, eliminating weak spots for either breakage or conductor resistance.
Advantages to Laser Stripping Wire and Cable
CMS Laser wire stripping systems hold several advantages over other methods.
- Dual lasers strip both sides of the wire simultaneously. No wire movement during the stripping process ensures less variance from strand to strand.
- They work on most insulating material used today, including:
- Enameled Coatings
- Polyvinlyidene Flouride
- Polyvinyl Chloride (PVC)
- Laser precision means very accurate insulation removal down to tolerances of .001″, and precision wire transport system can product 200′ lengths with less than .1″ variance.
- The laser’s wavelength is absorbed by the insulating material, but is reflected by the metal, meaning no damage to the conductive strand.
- Galvo-directed laser beam can move in any direction, allowing for more complex stripping options.
- Versatile transport system handles wire and cable gauges from 6-26. Our system will also process most wire and cable types, including:
- Twisted Pair
CMS Laser Wire Stripping Systems
Our stripping systems are designed, using your sample wire and cable, to meet every production need you have. They can, additionally, have wire marking and cutting processes within the same footprint, extending your capabilities without expanded floor space needs.
Our Applications Lab offers sample analysis, application development, and consultation with no cost or obligation. Using your samples, requirements, and specifications, we design a custom solution for you. Speak to our Apps Lab engineers and let them get to work for you.