Many metal materials require permanent, durable and legible marks to improve traceability, quality control and personalization. Laser metal marking meets this manufacturing demand by offering many advantages over traditional marking techniques.
Our laser solutions use a variety of laser wavelengths to leave permanent marks on almost any type of metal, including aluminum, brass, carbide, chrome, cobalt, copper, gold, nickel, platinum, silver, stainless steel, tin, titanium, zinc—and more.
The advantages of laser metal marking include:
- Durability. Marks can withstand industrial environments while remaining legible and defined.
- Non-contact. Laser marking eliminates the need for replacement machining tools.
- No additives or coatings. Laser marking doesn’t require any inks or extra chemicals.
- Precision. Thanks to their localized energy, lasers achieve excellent thermal control, tight dimensional tolerances and repeatable marks.
- Easy automation. Easily integrate laser metal marking into your automated system. We also offer On-the-Fly marking technology with closed loop feedback.
- Flexible etching depth. From strict surface marking to full engravings, our laser marking systems meet your needs.