Small, compact solid-state fiber laser marking improves laser marking cost, reliability and performance
Advantages of the fiber laser marking systems include…
- Fully integrated design merges the individual components of the solid-state laser into a single functional element
- Eliminates the need for periodic optics alignment as the cavity optics are an integral part of the fiber
- Eliminates the need for periodic inspection of the optical surfaces including the cavity mirrors, Q-switch and rod ends
- Eliminates the possibility of damage to intracavity optics from contaminated surfaces
- Projected diode lifetime of over 100,000 hours for the fiber laser is significantly longer than the YAG laser for an overall lower cost of operation
- More efficient diode pumping provides lower utility cost
- The Ytterbium fiber laser marking system provides the user with a zero-maintenance, highly reliable laser source
The Q-switched, Ytterbium fiber laser generates a high-intensity beam of near-infrared light at the 1.07 micron wavelength. In Q-switched operation, the laser is pulsed at a pulse rate between 20 kHz and 80 kHz to produce the high peak powers required to create highly legible marking images.
The fiber laser delivers the high power laser beam directly to the beam-steering optics via a flexible metal-sheathed single mode fiber cable. The laser beam is subsequently directed across the target surface by mirrors mounted on high-speed, high-accuracy galvanometers controlled by the system computer. The part-marking program instructs the galvanometers to move the beam just like a pencil on paper to “draw/write” the programmed marking image.
LaserGraf32 is a Windows XP based interactive job set-up program utilizing a “WYSIWYG” (What You See Is What You Get) operating environment, pull down menus, and on screen graphics manipulation.LaserGraf32 allows you to create even advanced part marking programs from a single screen. User friendly, intuitive operation speeds the user through program development and into production.
The LaserGraf32 program allows the operator to mark alphanumeric text, graphic images, and machine-readable code (2D datamatrix, linear barcode, etc.) from a single window. The operator can easily establish the marking parameters, spacing, size, location, orientation, justification, text font, angular orientation and radius marking of each element of the marking image.
The laser marking system is a fully functional marking system in component form for user or third party integration with users part handling workstation. Individual components include the laser marking head containing the beam shaping and beam steering optics, 19” rack mount laser power supply, 19” rack mount control box (containing the support electronics, servo power supplies, control circuit power supply, and I/O interface), and operator laptop computer.
Codes and Standards
This laser marking system is a custom CMS product and meets all criteria listed in the applicable OSHA Safety Codes and meets or exceeds the Department of Health and Human Services, Food and Drug Administration for Fiber Laser Marking Products, Center for Devices and Radiological Health safety codes, and the National Fire Protection Agency (NFPA) 79 Electrical Standard for Industrial Machinery 2002 Edition.